Rate my teacher

The TUI have come out on two radio shows that I have listened to in the past 24 hours Newsbeat & the Last word condeming the new www.ratemyteacher.ie. I have to laugh really when you think about what it is. The TUI believe that this is a serious attempt to quantify the teaching capability of teachers. All it is really is a way of students letting steam off about their teachers. Read the forums and you will see what I am talking about. I would rather have a student slating me on line rather than slashing my tires. I would seriously question the intelligence of any parent that would regard the data from this site in what school their child went to.

I remember the hullaboo about am i hot or not

Most people realised that should only be seen as a joke, some humorous messing to past time online.

As a teacher, the best feedback you will get about your teaching is from your students. Embrace their feedback... it will make you a better teacher.

Actually the one I want to see is a mixture of both. www.ismyteacherhotornot.com :-P

Comments

Anonymous said…
On the website www.ratemyteacher.ie - it is not the ratings that are a problem with teachers but the comments that are being made. This would not happen with any other profession or be accepted by any other profession

Popular posts from this blog

Footballs for Brains